F, b. 2 February 1663/64, d. 20 January 1735/36 or 24 January
Margaret Mitchell was born on 2 February 1663/64 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.1,2 She was the daughter of Rev. Jonathan Mitchell and Margaret Boradaile.3,4 Margaret Mitchell married Major Stephen Sewall, son of Rev. Henry Sewall and Jane Dummer, on 13 June 1682 in Salem, Massachusetts.5,6 Margaret Mitchell died on 20 January 1735/36 or 24 January in Boston, Massachusetts, about noon, at the house of her son Samuel.7
Children of Margaret Mitchell and Major Stephen Sewall
- Stephen Sewall3 b. 7 Aug 1684, d. 22 Dec 1684
- Stephen Sewall3 b. 21 Dec 1685, d. 29 Jan 1686
- Margaret Sewall+8 b. 7 May 1687, d. Mar 1736
- Jane Sewall8 b. 20 Dec 1688, d. 23 Dec 1688
- Major Samuel Sewall b. 24 Nov 1689, d. 5 May 1757
- Susannah Sewall+8 b. 24 Oct 1691
- Jonathan/1 Sewall+ b. 7 Feb 1692/93, d. 21 Nov 1731
- Jane Sewall+3 b. 10 Feb 1694, d. May 1747
- Mehitable Sewall+8 b. 21 May 1695
- Elizabeth Sewall3 b. 18 Nov 1696, d. 16 Oct 1697
- Hannah Sewall3 b. 16 Oct 1697, d. 6 Nov 1697
- Mary Sewall3 b. 16 Sep 1698, d. 5 Jul 1699
- Mitchell Sewall+ b. 29 Oct 1699, d. 13 Oct 1748
- Hannah Sewall3 b. 28 Oct 1700, d. 1 Nov 1770
- Henry Sewall b. 25 Oct 1701, d. 10 Jul 1721
- Stephen Sewall b. 14 Dec 1702, d. 10 Sep 1760
- Benjamin Sewall8 b. 6 Apr 1708
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1080.
- [S133] Robert Sewell, Information from Robert Sewell.
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1079.
- [S123] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Vital Records of Cambridge, Massachusetts to the Year 1850.
- [S205] Newspaper, The New-York Weekly Journal, 15 February 1735.
- [S2] Ancestor of J.E. McClellan, McClellan Family Tree.
F, b. 26 February 1652, d. 24 July 1654
Margaret Mitchell was born on 26 February 1652.1 She was the daughter of Rev. Jonathan Mitchell and Margaret Boradaile.1 Margaret Mitchell died on 24 July 1654 at the age of 2.1
F, b. 20 December 1743, d. 11 March 1818
Mary Mitchell was born on 20 December 1743.1 She married Samuel Mitchell, son of John Mitchell and Lydia Sewall, on 29 April 1763.1 Mary Mitchell died on 11 March 1818 at the age of 74.1
F, b. 17 June 1755
Mary Mitchell was born on 17 June 1755 in York, Maine.1 She was the daughter of John Mitchell and Lydia Sewall.1 Mary Mitchell was baptised on 22 June 1755.1 She married Abraham Hill on 1 July 1773.1
Mary Mitchell married Samuel Wolcott, son of Edward Kitchin Wolcott and Hannah Sewall, in December 1819 in New York though the 1888 edition of the Diary states that he died unmarried.1,2,3
Mary A. Mitchell1
Mary L. Mitchell1
F, b. 18 April 1824
Mary L. Mitchell was born on 18 April 1824 in Winthrop, Kennebec County.1 She was the daughter of Edward Mitchell and Mary Sewall.1
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900.
Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell1
F, b. 1833, d. 1913
Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell was born in 1833 (Sinnett gives a date of 08 Aug 1835.)2 She was the daughter of John S. Mitchell and Philenia Sewall.2 Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell married Simon Merrill Sewall, son of Rufus King Sewall and Phoebe Merrill, on 2 August 1854 in Gardiner, Kennebec County.1 Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell died in 19133 and was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Gardiner, Maine.3
Children of Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell and Simon Merrill Sewall
- [S89] Family Search, Vital records, 1803-1891 Gardiner (Maine). City Clerk.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 51.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 93919415."
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Gardiner, Kennebec County Maine, Birth & Death records 1800 - 1892.
M, b. 1590, d. 1645
Matthew Mitchell was born in 1590 probably in Yorkshire.2 He married Susan Butterfield on 26 April 1616.1,2 Matthew Mitchell and Susan Butterfield emigrated in 1635 to Boston landing there on 17 August. They both dissented from the Laudian Church of England.3 Matthew Mitchell died in 1645.2
M, b. 4 March 1655/56, d. 15 July 1673
Nathaniel Mitchell was born on 4 March 1655/56.1 He was the son of Rev. Jonathan Mitchell and Margaret Boradaile.1 Nathaniel Mitchell died on 15 July 1673 at the age of 17 by a fall from a horse.1
Rachel E. Mitchell1
F, b. 3 January 1822
Rachel E. Mitchell was born on 3 January 1822 in Winthrop, Kennebec County.1 She was the daughter of Edward Mitchell and Mary Sewall.1
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900.
Robert Sewall Mitchell1
M, b. 1809 or 1810, d. 6 July 1810
Robert Sewall Mitchell was born in 1809 or 1810. He was the son of Francis Ignatius Mitchell and Eleanor Sewall.1 Robert Sewall Mitchell died on 6 July 1810 in infancy.
M, b. 20 December 1742, d. 19 November 1822
Samuel Mitchell was born on 20 December 1742 in York.1 He was the son of John Mitchell and Lydia Sewall.1 Samuel Mitchell married Mary Mitchell on 29 April 1763.1 Samuel Mitchell died on 19 November 1822 at the age of 79.1
M, b. October 1660, d. before 1691
Samuel Mitchell was born in October 1660.1 He was the son of Rev. Jonathan Mitchell and Margaret Boradaile.1 Samuel Mitchell graduated in 1681 from Harvard.1 He died before 1691 unmarried.1
Sarah Sophia Mitchell1
Stephen Mitchell was the son of Daniel Mitchell and Sarah Titcomb. Stephen Mitchell married Narcissa Paul.1
Children of Stephen Mitchell and Narcissa Paul
Stephen Sewall Mitchell1
M, b. 1835, d. 1893
Stephen Sewall Mitchell was born in 1835.1 He was the son of Stephen Mitchell and Narcissa Paul.1 Stephen Sewall Mitchell married Sarah A. Kimball.1 Stephen Sewall Mitchell died in 1893.1
Children of Stephen Sewall Mitchell and Sarah A. Kimball
Walter Scott Mitchell1
F, b. circa 1322, d. 12 August 1369
Muriel Moels was born circa 1322 in Dorset.1 She married Thomas de Courteney of Woodhuish and Dunterton, son of Hugh de Courteney and Agnes de St. John, before 27 August 1337.1 Muriel Moels died on 12 August 1369.1
Child of Muriel Moels and Thomas de Courteney of Woodhuish and Dunterton
- [S224] Society for Medieval Genealogy, Direct Descendants of Aline de Gai, 7 May 2005.
John Karl Moffett1
- [S160] New York Times, 27 May 1951 p. 61.
Mary Serena Moffett1
F, b. 19 November 1915, d. 14 March 2008
Mary Serena Moffett was born on 19 November 1915 in Illinois.2,3 She was the daughter of John Karl Moffett.4 Mary Serena Moffett married Charles Joseph Sewall, son of Duer Irving Sewall and Bertha Guden Adams, on 26 May 1951 in the Reformed Church, Bronxville, New York.4 Mary Serena Moffett died on 14 March 2008 in New Hampshire at the age of 92.3
Capt. Ponsonby Molesworth1
Capt. Ponsonby Molesworth married Susanna Sheaffe, daughter of William Sheaffe, on 17 April 1769 The family account is, that, on the day of the landing of a Regiment of British troops in Boston, a halt was made in Queen (Court) Street, opposite Mr. Sheaffe's house; that Susanna, attracted by the music and the red-coats, accompanied by her younger sisters, went upon the balcony; that Molesworth soon saw her, was struck with her great beauty, gazed upon her intently, and at last, said to a brother officer, who, like himself, was leaning against a fence: " That girl seals my fate." The story further is, that an introduction, and visit after visit, followed, and that the maiden's heart was rapidly won. But then came sorrow, for Susanna was barely fifteen, and parental consent to her marriage was refused. Her governess, to whom she entrusted her grief, espoused her cause, and favored immediate union; and the result accordingly was, the flight of the three to Rhode Island, where the loving pair pronounced their nuptial vows.1,2
Eschyne Molle married Walter fitz Alan 1st High Steward of Scotland, son of Alan fitz Flaald, Baron of Oswestry and Aveline de Hesdin.
Child of Eschyne Molle and Walter fitz Alan 1st High Steward of Scotland
- [S171] Burke, The Kingdom of Scotland, p. 1281.
Elizabeth Sarah Molson1
Child of Elizabeth Sarah Molson and Sir David L. Macpherson K.C.M.G.
- [S444] Benjamin Sulte, History of Quebec, Vol. 2, p. 872.
Carl Gustav von Moltke1
M, b. 1869, d. 1935
Carl Gustav von Moltke was born in 1869.1 He married Cornelia Van Rensselaer Thayer, daughter of Nathaniel Thayer and Cornelia Street Barroll.1 Carl Gustav von Moltke died in 1935.1
- [S113] William Addams Reitwiesner, Bush ancestry.
Margaret Molyneux was the daughter of Sir Richard Molyneux of Sefton.1 Margaret Molyneux married secondly William Bulkeley of Eaton, son of Sir William Bulkeley of Eyton.2,3
He was a vintner at the sign of the Blue Anchor.1 George Monck married Elizabeth Clark, daughter of Jonas Clark, after 4 June 1685.1
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 167n.
Major Thomas Moncrieffe
Marguerite Eulalie Monjo1
F, b. circa 1896, d. 10 December 1963
Marguerite Eulalie Monjo was born circa 1896 in Stanford, Connecticut.2 She was the daughter of Nicholas F. Monjo.1 Marguerite Eulalie Monjo married Donald Swanton Sewall, son of Mark Warren Sewall and Rachel Fannie Thomson, on 29 March 1924 in Whitestone, Long Island.3,1 Marguerite Eulalie Monjo and Donald Swanton Sewall appear on the census of 1930 at Boothbay Harbor, Maine, Donald is now a garage proprietor.2 Marguerite Eulalie Monjo died on 10 December 1963 in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.4