F, b. 22 June 1667, d. 24 October 1705
Hannah Bass was born on 22 June 1667 in Braintree, Massachusetts. She was the daughter of John Bass and Ruth Alden.1 Hannah Bass married Joseph Adams Jr., son of Joseph Adams and Abigail Baxter, in 1688 in Braintree.2,1,3 Hannah Bass died on 24 October 1705 in Braintree at the age of 38.
Children of Hannah Bass and Joseph Adams Jr.
M, b. 18 September 1630, d. 12 December 1716
John Bass was baptised on 18 September 1630 at Saffron Walden.2,3 He was the son of Benjamin Bass. John Bass married firstly Ruth Alden, daughter of John Alden and Priscilla Mullins, on 3 February 1657/58 at Braintree, Massachusetts, they had seven children.4,2 John Bass died on 12 December 1716 at the age of 86.5
- [S103] Waldo Chamberlain Sprague, Genealogies of Braintree.
- [S123] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700.
- [S64] Robert Charles Anderson and George F. Sanborn Jr. & Melinde Lutz Sanborne, The Great Migration, Bass, Samuel.
- [S64] Robert Charles Anderson and George F. Sanborn Jr. & Melinde Lutz Sanborne, The Great Migration, Alden, John.
- [S264] Ebenezer Alden, Descendants of John Alden, p. 6.
Alfred E. Bassano1
M, d. before November 1896
Alfred E. Bassano. Of 32nd (Duke of Cornwall's) Light Infantry.1 He married Eliza Kinsman (Lilly) Benjamin, daughter of Frederick Benjamin.1 Alfred E. Bassano died before November 1896.1
- [S117] The Times Newspaper, Nov 04, 1896.
Alan Basset of Wycombe1
- [S224] Society for Medieval Genealogy, Direct Descendants of Aline de Gai, 7 May 2005.
Aline Basset was born in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire.2 She was the daughter of Sir Philip Basset of Wycombe and Hawise de Grey.1,2 Aline Basset was born circa 1245.3 She married firstly Sir Hugh le Despencer of Ryhall. Aline Basset married secondly Roger Bigod Earl of Norfolk in 1272.3
Children of Aline Basset and Sir Hugh le Despencer of Ryhall
Sir Philip Basset of Wycombe1
M, d. 29 October 1271
Sir Philip Basset of Wycombe was the son of Alan Basset of Wycombe and Alice de Gay.2 Sir Philip Basset of Wycombe. Lord Chief Justice of England.3 He married Hawise de Grey, daughter of John Grey of Eaton.2 Sir Philip Basset of Wycombe died on 29 October 1271.2 He was buried in Stanley, Wiltshire.2
Alan Bassett of Muresdewall
Aliva Bassett was the daughter of Alan Bassett of Muresdewall and Aliva Gay. Aliva Bassett married John Lovell of Minster Lovell, son of William Lovell and Isabel (Unknown).
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007.
M, b. 23 February 1666
John Batchelder was born on 23 February 1666 in Reading, Massachusetts.2 He married Sarah Poore on 10 November 1696.2
F, b. 7 July 1775, d. 18 November 1833
Molly Batchelder was born on 7 July 1775.2 She married Samuel Garland on 1 June 1794.1,2 Molly Batchelder died on 18 November 1833 at the age of 58.2
F, b. 21 December 1697, d. 3 February 1790
Sarah Batchelder was born on 21 December 1697 in Reading ?, Massachusetts, though newspaper reports of her death give an age of 94 thus dating her birth to 1695.1,2 She was the daughter of John Batchelder and Sarah Poore.3 Sarah Batchelder married firstly Joseph Titcomb, son of Penuel Titcomb and Lydia Poore. Sarah Batchelder then married Capt. Samuel Sewall, son of John Sewall and Hannah Fessenden, on 29 November 1723 at Newbury.4 Sarah Batchelder died on 3 February 1790 in Old York, Maine, at the age of 92.1,2
Children of Sarah Batchelder and Joseph Titcomb
Children of Sarah Batchelder and Capt. Samuel Sewall
- Major Samuel Sewall b. 14 Sep 1724, d. 23 Jul 1815
- Sarah Sewall5 b. 4 Nov 1726
- Jane Sewall5 b. 4 Nov 1726
- Deacon John Sewall+6 b. 5 May 1729, d. 27 Jun 1808
- Capt. Joseph Sewall+5 b. 3 Sep 1731, d. 13 Dec 1782
- Capt. Moses Sewall+5 b. 22 Jul 1733, d. 28 May 1816
- Hon. David Sewall b. 7 Oct 1735, d. 21 Oct 1825
- Colonel Dummer Sewall+ b. 12 Dec 1737, d. 5 Apr 1832
- Henry Sewall+5 b. 7 Feb 1740, d. 24 Jan 1795
- [S194] W.D. Norris, The Wells family, p. 94.
- [S205] Newspaper, Salem Gazette.; 2 March 1790.
- [S24] Sarah Elizabeth Titcomb, Early New England People, p. 161.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records.
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1079.
Sarah Batchelder married Moses Titcomb, son of Edmund Titcomb and Martha Sweet, on 7 March 1796 in Georgetown, Sagadahoc, Maine, (possibly the date of Int.)1,2
(Anne?) Bate ?
F, d. between 1610 and 1624
There is no evidence for her Christian name but she was related in some way to Rev. John Bate, vicar of Wherwell. (Anne?) Bate ? married Rev. Stephen Bachiler circa 1590.1 (Anne?) Bate ? died between 1610 and 1624.
- [S64] Robert Charles Anderson and George F. Sanborn Jr. & Melinde Lutz Sanborne, The Great Migration, Stephen Bachiler.
Adoniram J. Bates
Child of Adoniram J. Bates
- Caroline Bates+ b. c 1870, d. 1929
Alma M. Bates1
- [S232] Ancestry.com, South Dakota Births, 1856-1903.
- [S89] Family Search, Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990.
F, b. circa 1870, d. 1929
Caroline Bates was born circa 1870 in Scituate, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Adoniram J. Bates. Caroline Bates married Dummer Sewall, son of Dummer Sewall and Mary Savory Cook, on 21 September 1889 in Cohasset, Massachusetts.2 Caroline Bates is also recorded as Carreatine Sewall so recorded in the record of Warren Sewall's birth.3 She died in 1929 in Massachusetts4 and is buried in the Village Cemetery, Weymouth, Massachusetts.4
Children of Caroline Bates and Dummer Sewall
- [S207] 1910 US Census, Weymouth Ward, Norfolk, Masachusetts.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Vol: 449 ; Page: 599.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 95078941."
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Massachusetts, Marriage Records, 1840-1915.
Frances Ann Bates1
F, b. 27 April 1855, d. 15 May 1895
Frances Ann Bates was born on 27 April 1855 in Louisiana.2 She was the daughter of John L. Bates and Lavinia Grimshaw.3,1 Frances Ann Bates married secondly Krouse Sewall, son of Dr. Francis Lewis Sewall and Sarah Angelica (Ann) Singleton, on 31 October 1876 in Marlin, Falls County, Texas.3 Frances Ann Bates died on 15 May 1895 in Marlin, Texas, at the age of 40.1,2
Children of Frances Ann Bates and Krouse Sewall
Harrison J. Bates1
Harrison J. Bates married Emma Vining.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Maine, Marriage Records, 1713-1937.
John L. Bates1
M, b. 9 October 1816, d. 1 May 1879
John L. Bates was born on 9 October 1816 in Abbeville, South Carolina.2 He married Lavinia Grimshaw, daughter of George Grimshaw and Rachel Graves, in Lockwood Parish, Louisiana.1 John L. Bates died on 1 May 1879 in Marlin, Texas, at the age of 62.2
Lillian Frances Bates1
F, b. circa 1875
Lillian Frances Bates was born circa 1875 in Strong, Maine.1 She was the daughter of Harrison J. Bates and Emma Vining.1 Lillian Frances Bates married Henry Augustus Sewall, son of Otis Henry Sewall and Mary Susan Keep, on 20 March 1895 in Strong, Franklin County, Maine.1 Lillian Frances Bates and Henry Augustus Sewall were divorced on 5 June 1897 at Franklin County, Maine.2
Child of Nancy Bates and Rev. George Henry Atkinson
Philena Marie Bates
F, b. 23 October 1836, d. 20 February 1919
Philena Marie Bates was born on 23 October 1836 in New York. She was the daughter of Asa Bates and Sarah Smith.1 Philena Marie Bates married Samuel Orlando Sewall, son of Samuel Moody Sewall and Hannah H. Johnson.1 Philena Marie Bates died on 20 February 1919 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at the age of 821 and was buried on 22 February 1919 in Lake City, Minnesota.1
Children of Philena Marie Bates and Samuel Orlando Sewall
Susan Bates married Frederick King.
Alithea Mary Batham1
F, b. 18 August 1879, d. 11 April 1958
Alithea Mary Batham was born on 18 August 1879 in Gladstone Road, Napier, New Zealand.2 She was the daughter of James Meacham Batham and Merelina Grey Symonds.1 Alithea Mary Batham graduated in 1901 from University of Canterbury B.A.1 She died on 11 April 1958 in Wellington, New Zealand, at the age of 78.3
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://shadowsoftime.kiwiwebhost.biz/university1.html
- [S376] Rosemary Haden, "Haden E-Mail," e-mail to John Rees, 2007-2017, citing the Hawke's Bay Herald, Volume XXI, Issue 5485, 13 September 1879, Page 2.
- [S376] Rosemary Haden, "Haden E-Mail," e-mail to John Rees, 2007-2017.
Elizabeth Joan Batham1
F, b. 2 December 1917, d. 8 July 1974
Elizabeth Joan Batham was born on 2 December 1917 in Dunedin, New Zealand.1 She was the daughter of Guy Symonds Meacham Batham and Ethel Mary Gibbs.1 Elizabeth Joan Batham was presumed drowned on 8 July 1974 in Seatoun, Wellington, New Zealand, at the age of 56.1
Guy Symonds Meacham Batham1
M, b. 25 October 1885, d. 1968
Guy Symonds Meacham Batham was born on 25 October 1885 in Christchurch, New Zealand.2 He was the son of James Meacham Batham and Merelina Grey Symonds.1 He was a Sergeant in the Main Body (Engineers) N.Z. Expeditionary Force in the Great War as an electrical engineer.3 Guy Symonds Meacham Batham married Ethel Mary Gibbs on 3 January 1917 in First Church, Dunedin, New Zealand.1 Guy Symonds Meacham Batham graduated in 1922 from University of Otago, Dunedin, B.Sc. subsequently he was appointed lecturer in applied electricity.3 He died in 1968 in Dunedin, New Zealand.3
Child of Guy Symonds Meacham Batham and Ethel Mary Gibbs
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://archives.presbyterian.org.nz/marriageregisters/…
- [S376] Rosemary Haden, "Haden E-Mail," e-mail to John Rees, 2007-2017, citing the Star, Issue 5451, 27 October 1885.
- [S376] Rosemary Haden, "Haden E-Mail," e-mail to John Rees, 2007-2017.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, Jillett, John. 'Batham, Elizabeth Joan 1917 - 1974'. Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, updated 7 April 2006
Helen Maude Batham1
F, b. 20 February 1883, d. 24 April 1975
Helen Maude Batham was born on 20 February 1883 in Christchurch, New Zealand.2 She was the daughter of James Meacham Batham and Merelina Grey Symonds.1 Helen Maude Batham died on 24 April 1975 in Wellington, New Zealand, at the age of 92.1
Irwin Meacham Batham
M, b. 7 January 1881, d. 1905
Irwin Meacham Batham was born on 7 January 1881 in Napier, New Zealand.1 He was the son of James Meacham Batham and Merelina Grey Symonds. Irwin Meacham Batham died in 1905 in Wellington, New Zealand.
- [S376] Rosemary Haden, "Haden E-Mail," e-mail to John Rees, 2007-2017, citing the Hawke's Bay Herald, Volume XXI, Issue 5876, 11 January 1881.